[gothic-l] Re: The first letter of apostle John and other parts translated

capsicum.acre@gmail.com [gothic-l] gothic-l at yahoogroups.com
Fri Dec 19 11:12:57 UTC 2014

I was thinking about translating it from Greek, but I am not good at Greek yet. The source of the Gothic translation could not be identified. I think I would use Novum Testamentum Graece. It would take much too long though. A Greek style of Gothic could be considered biblical.

 Just out of interest, wouldn't it be most "proper" to base the
translation on the same sources that Wulfila probably used? Is there a
dictionary of correspondences of Wulfilan gothic words to (as I assume)
hellenistic greek words?

Not to say that this would be even possible, just as a thought
experiment ;)

Greetings,
Peter