[gothic-l] Reconstructing the Gothic Bible and Liturgies

Dicentis a roellingua@gmail.com [gothic-l] gothic-l at yahoogroups.com
Tue Dec 23 23:54:58 UTC 2014

Hello Basti,

I 'm not against religion and I completely respect it if people belief, and
although religions have brought forth beautiful things, I will point out my
problem with religions in general, not only christianity:

When I see that I prefer Arianism from Protestantism and Catholicism, you
expect me of having no knowledge of these at all. In fact, I already knew
exactly what you said here and I agree completely with you that
protestantism is more logical than catholicism, but as Arianism is no
protestantism or catholicism, you can't put it in one of those categories.
You need to understand that I studied a lot of christianity, 7th Days
Adventists, Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormons, Catholics, Protestants,
Methodists, etc. and all those groups differ in their methods and
interpretations. For example, the Jehovah's Witnesses don't believe in
hell, because a certain Hebrew word can be translated as "garbage dump",
yet according to other movements this is nonsense and enough places in the
Bible show that a hell would exist. Mormon's believe in an additional
number of books, the Book of Mormon, which according to them states that
America is a holy land and that certain holy figures from God appeared
there.

Protestantism is basically a form of Judaism, practiced by mostly non-jews,
Catholicism is a synthesis of

That I said that this Gothic translation makes me read the Bible, doesn't
need that I have never read it, in fact, I can read parts of Genesis
(Bereshit) in Hebrew and I have read quite a lot parts of the Bible and
know well what it generally says, and one of the problems with the Bible is
the same problem with the Quran, that it claims that it is the only way,
while other religions obviously show that they have the same way.
Protestantism, or better said, the interpretation of 7th Days Adventists,
is based on a continous trap:

1. Sins are not from God
2. If you steal or do something wrong, it's a Sin
3. Sins can only be forgiven by converting to Jesus Christ
4. Now that you are converted, your Sins can be forgiven by Jesus Christ,
God
5. If you steal and you ask for forgiveness, your Sin will be forgiven now

Do you know what step 6 can be? A person can say:

6. Hey, let's steal etc., I get forgiven anyway.

Now you see the big trap which you get in?

Roel