OT Origins of Berlin [was: "Re: [gothic-l] Killing the Elderly"]

grazioli7 at GOOGLEMAIL.COM grazioli7 at GOOGLEMAIL.COM
Sat Feb 15 23:40:28 UTC 2014

Hello Amer & all,
> I do not know, but there are some claims that Berlin was founded by the Slavs.
I understand that the first settlement in the area of modern Berlin was Köpenick and was a West Slavic foundation dating to the ninth century. Not sure about the origin of this place name but it appears Slavonic (cf Copernicus).
Anyway, best wishes from a longtime lurker and infrequent contributor.
Kind regards,
Graham