Visigothic Arian Apostles' Creed

fredkbest@gmail.com [gothic-l] gothic-l at YAHOOGROUPS.COM
Thu Jun 5 08:34:17 UTC 2014

Hi everyone, I am new to the group and I am writing a novel which includes a character that is a Visigothic Arian Priest in Toledo around 550.

 In my research, I have not found much on Visigothic Arian liturgy, so I attempting to create some that is not so much correct as not wrong.  Something that could have been used even though there is no direct evidence of it actually being used.

 For example, I created an Apostles' Creed used by the Priest in the book as follows:

 "I believe in God the Father Almighty.
  And in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord;
  Who was born of the Holy Ghost and of the Virgin Mary;
  Crucified under Pontius Pilate and buried;
  The third day He rose from the dead;
  He ascended into heaven,
  Sits at the right hand of the Father,
  Thence He shall come to judge the quick and the dead.
  And in the Holy Ghost;
  The holy Church;
  The forgiveness of sins;

  The restoration of the flesh."

 Is there anything in it that would not have been used by an Arian Priest in Visigothic Spain?