Jiddish related to Gothic?

Tore Gannholm tore@gannholm.org [gothic-l] gothic-l at YAHOOGROUPS.COM
Wed Jun 11 06:56:29 UTC 2014

David,
You talk about the 1200s

Why do you avoid to talk about the 800s?

What language did all the converted Jews speak in the 800s.

There is no move of Jews from West to East. But from East to West in the 1200s the Monguls conquered all the Eastern Jews all the way to Krakow. Kiev-Rus was conquered.

That is natural that those Jews that fled from the Monguls in the East came to Germany and brought their language.

Therefore you have traces of the Yiddish language there.

Tore