Looking for speakers of Gothic or lovers of the language!! (knowledge of language not required if your pronunciation is good)

David Connolly dec.phd at SBCGLOBAL.NET
Wed May 7 22:22:53 UTC 2014

We do a fair amount of reading Gothic out loud in my Gothic language reading group at Ohio State University.  I think I am getting fairly adept at it, even though I have had no native speaker available to teach me.  (-;  I would be willing to help with any of the things you listed.
David Connolly, Columbus, Ohio

________________________________
 From: "roellingua at gmail.com" <roellingua at gmail.com>
To: gothic-l at yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, May 7, 2014 3:25 PM
Subject: [gothic-l] Looking for speakers of Gothic or lovers of the language!! (knowledge of language not required if your pronunciation is good)

Hello,

I would like to ask again if you can, or if you know anyone who can speak Gothic. I would like to start a radio in Gothic, but first I need audio-material for it, and as there is few material in Gothic, we first need to record a lot in the language. This can't all be done by one person, so I 'm looking for people who are wanting to record in Gothic and having it broadcasted at a radio. What we need are:

- English broadcasts about Gothic, the language and culture
- People recording original Gothic texts
- Short news broadcasts, about 2 minutes, as I think most people aren't proficient enough to have long ones
- Recorded modern texts in Gothic
- Lessons in Gothic