Link to my Gothic learning resource and forum

Dicentis a roellingua@gmail.com [gothic-l] gothic-l at YAHOOGROUPS.COM
Sun May 18 14:21:26 UTC 2014

By Chance I can speak Swedish at a decent level and I understand this
website, I entered a random Swedish word which means "to live",  "bor", the
result however didn't give me any Gothic words. Instead, this seems to be a
dialect from Götland, however this dialect may be related to Gothic in some
way, we are actually looking for the Gothic language and not another
language, even if it's close. The only close language which could be useful
for a reconstruction of Gothic are old German dialects spoken in that time,
The lay of Hildeb rand in Longobardic can be used to construct a Gothic
word order, because we unfortunately don't have one from the Bible of
Wulfila, the Skeireins, the Gothic calender or other sources.

The website also states:

Nu kan du enkelt hitta i de gotländska ordböckerna
Vi har lagt in grundformerna av de gutniska orden tillsammans med deras
svenska betydelser.

Now you can only look in the Gotlandic (from Gotland) dictionaries
We have placed the basic forms of the Gotlandic words together with their
Swedish meanings.