[gothic-l] Re: "Egbert wird rot", the first modern book in Gothic

Dicentis a roellingua@gmail.com [gothic-l] gothic-l at yahoogroups.com
Sun Feb 1 22:41:58 UTC 2015

Hello rs,

Yes I will do that. I 'm happy that there are so much enthousiastic
reactions! I hope that this won't stay the only book. Since I worked
together with a linguist, we are quite sure that this book contains good
grammar, but I think that if we want more modern books, this will need to
be done either by linguists, or in some way we need to teach Gothic at a
high level to ordinary people to make sure that not, like the Gothic
wikipedia for example, crap work is produced.

Therefore I thought that our collaboration in this translation could be one
of the first small steps in a modern Gothic and, I hope, a standardized one.

Roel