[gothic-l] Blessings in Gothic

Dicentis a roellingua@gmail.com [gothic-l] gothic-l at yahoogroups.com
Mon Feb 9 13:04:02 UTC 2015

Hi Albareiks,

I see now that you are the one who made Gautis bida, may I thank you for
having created some the existing music in Gothic? :)

It's a shame that we don't have church choir music in Gothic or even a rock
song in Gothic, but literature will get published in Gothic that might be
something of the future!

If you have more songs which need checking, feel free to share them here.
We can always help you.

Are you planning to record this too? By the way, where can I buy your old
cd with Visigothic music and how much does it cost?

Hrothiland

Op maandag 9 februari 2015 heeft Dicentis a <roellingua at gmail.com> het
volgende geschreven:

gothic-l at yahoogroups.com> het volgende geschreven:

>> Hi Edmund,
>>
>> Thank you for the offer of feedback, I'll start posting revised lines
with English translation:
>> Thiutheigs is, frauja guth unsars, thiudans allaize
>> Blessed are you, lord our god, king of all,
>> saei gaskapjai akrana weinatainis
>> who creates the fruit of the vine.
>> saei gabairai hlaibans af airthai
>> who brings forth bread from out of the earth.
>> saei allos waihtins gaskapjai mith waurda seinamma.
>> who creates all things with his word.
>> In this revision I used the optative forms for the verbs but I still
wonder if it is really appropriate to do so in this context?