[gothic-l] Blessings in Gothic

Dicentis a roellingua@gmail.com [gothic-l] gothic-l at yahoogroups.com
Tue Feb 10 22:52:53 UTC 2015

Yes, I agree. Most people interested in the Gothic language are more
interested in the pagan aspects. Though, also in this group there is a big
interest for the christian side, although I 'm not a christian myself, I
have a big interest in the Christian culture among the Goths because it's
simply very ancient and an important part of the culture of the Goths, you
can learn their language, but as it's mostly used to write the Bible the
religious life of the Goths in the time of Wulfila can teach us something
about their culture as well.

I think however that if we really want to go back to the pagan culture, we
would need to look at any scientific research in the ancient Germanic
religious culture, I think that it is possible that some Old Norse writings
can teach us something about that, I know that there are several writings
about the Ostrogoths in Old Norse in the time when they still lived in
Russia.