[gothic-l] Re: Some neologisms

Dicentis a roellingua@gmail.com [gothic-l] gothic-l at yahoogroups.com
Sat Feb 14 21:36:48 UTC 2015

I understand it. It's very good that you share this and I can just say that
it's very good of you how open you are about this.

If you are part of the third gender and speak Gothic too, there is a good
reason to have a word for it. I look again at your suggestion, and although
the idea is not bad, I think that it's better if Edmund, as he is the
linguist here, judges what would be a good word. When I design new Gothic
word, I usually look at the etymology of the word in most languages or
where it was first used.

We are dealing with two words here, transgender and non-binary people.

Transgender could be translated as trans + gender, which would be
hindafadrein or ufarfadrein.

Non-binary people would literally translated be: ni twafalþs liuþs.