[gothic-l] Translating creeds?

Dicentis a roellingua@gmail.com [gothic-l] gothic-l at yahoogroups.com
Thu Jan 1 21:09:08 UTC 2015

Edmund, do you recommend to follow the original word order only for holy
texts? I translate (also to practice my Gothic) a lot of song texts into
Gothic, but those aren't holy texts at all. I don't feel that it's really
necessary to keep the original word order there and I prefer a free word
order there. There are some religious song texts however too, I think those
are the only necessary ones to keep a word-for-word word order in.