[gothic-l] Translating creeds?

Marja Erwin marja-e@riseup.net [gothic-l] gothic-l at yahoogroups.com
Sun Jan 4 00:42:21 UTC 2015

A few issues.

First, I thought the differences between traditional Slavic calendars corresponded with the differences between the regional climates, planting times, harvest times, etc. rather than with more accidents of who did or didn’t apply an extra month. So harvest months in Gothic should line up either with Bulgarian or Ukrainian, not Old English.

Second, Wulfila avoids writing hailags.

Third, Diceneus the astronomer comes to the Getae rather than to the Goths. Jordanes merges Getic history into Gothic history.

On Jan 3, 2015, at 7:04 PM, Dicentis a roellingua at gmail.com [gothic-l] <gothic-l at yahoogroups.com> wrote:

> Andy, I know the Gothic dictionary of this guy and although I have read some things at his website, I 'm not sure if I can trust his website in regard to a calendar.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)