[gothic-l] Verein der gotischen Sprache

Dicentis a roellingua@gmail.com [gothic-l] gothic-l at yahoogroups.com
Mon Jan 5 22:58:06 UTC 2015

Hello Edmund,

The administrator of this website is the same administrator of the Gothic
Wikipedia. The Verein der Gotischen Sprache looks rather like a local
thing. The society has to be considered rather like a local thing. It's
based in Germany somewhere and they have some Gothic study books and a
website which has been showing the same word of the week for about a year
now and a forum which isn't really visited.

Also, don't trust the Neo-Gothic lessons. They have for example: Goþana
dag, while it's supposed to be: Godana dag, as attested.

I have plans with some other people to found an organization for a modern
colloquial Gothic, one of our main reasons is that a serious language needs
a standard organization for standard rules, we are still trying to find out
how to do this.

I know that we are lacking a Gothic website, the only problems are that I
need enough people which want to contribute and a good lay-out and hosting,
as it's only good if we have a real link to it like
www.gothicassociation.com, or preferably:   gothicassociation.got, but .got
are really expensive domains.

Roel