[gothic-l] Re: Translating creeds?

write2andy@yahoo.com [gothic-l] gothic-l at yahoogroups.com
Tue Jan 6 02:28:37 UTC 2015

If this is getting off topic, we can split these messages off into another topic, but I wanted to ask, what writings in Latin were written down by Goths? I can think of the Getica, Etymologiae by St Isidore, and that's about it. Also, "skapja matsja ja drincan" can only be Vandalic (we can say it could have been a dialect of Gothic, but that's what Vandalic was, anyway, right?) because of where and when it was written down. Still, it can shed some light on Gothic; I'm thinking "skapjam" or something could have been an idiom for "let's". It would make sense that way.