[gothic-l] Gothic names

write2andy@yahoo.com [gothic-l] gothic-l at yahoogroups.com
Wed Jan 28 23:54:43 UTC 2015

I was coming up with a list of names in Gothic (meaning attested names and the Gothic counterparts to other names) a while back, and I thought we should discuss names here. Lots can be pulled from the Bible (Teimaúþaíus, Andraías, Marja, etc.), and, since so many common names in the western world are either Biblical or Germanic, we have a relatively easy time of making the Gothic counterparts.
 Here is a site I found, which has some names up to "F": http://lexicon.ff.cuni.cz/etc/in_progress/data/b0363.html http://lexicon.ff.cuni.cz/etc/in_progress/data/b0363.html
 Many dictionaries may also have a separate section for names and other proper nouns.