Heritage: Stats on Linguistic Groups

Scott McGinnis smcginnis at nflc.org
Mon Feb 28 20:15:39 UTC 2000

Heritage Languages Listserve
----------------------------

-----Original Message-----
From: Linguistic Studies [mailto:linguistic.studies at insead.edu.sg]
Sent: Monday, February 28, 2000 3:24 AM
To: smcginnis at nflc.org
Subject: Stats on Linguistic Groups

----------- Begin Forwarded Message ------------
 In a recent monograph on linguistic cultures I have published
over 130,000 stats covering 460+ language groups worldwide
(demographics, economics, geography, etc.).*  I have recently
created a spreadsheet of the database which is complementary to
researchers/scholars.  If you or a colleague might find this useful
for your research, please let me know and I can send you a zip or XLS
file
of the data.

Yours,

Phil Parker
Professor of Economics and International Studies
UCSD & INSEAD

*Source: Parker, Philip M., Linguistic Cultures of the World: A
Statistical
Reference, Greenwood Press, 1997.