Heritage: Question RE: dissertation on Japanese language schools in Califor nia, 1903-1941

Scott McGinnis smcginnis at nflc.org
Wed Jun 21 13:18:46 UTC 2000

Heritage Languages Listserve
----------------------------

I've alerted Ms. Givens to her less than small confusion between
Japanese and Korean.......

Scott McGinnis
NFLC

Date:  Tue, 20 Jun 2000 16:44:50 -0500
From:  "Lyndra S. Givens" <lgivens at tamiu.edu>
Subject:  Morimoto dissertation

I'm an interlibrary loan librarian and linguist on the side.  One of our
university's linguists would like to read Toyotomi Morimoto's 1989 UCLA
dissertation "Language and heritage of immigrants: Japanese language
schools in California 1903-1941."  I can't find it through my usual
library
tools.  I have emailed UCLA but not yet received a response.  As Korean
is
not an important language in the Rio Grande Valley, and this
dissertation
would not be an essential part of our collection, I hope not to have to
purchase this dissertation out of my tiny interlibrary loan budget if I
can
avoid it. Could anyone point me either to a library (or other source)
that
you know has this item or to Dr. Morimoto himself?
Thanks!

Lyndra S. Givens, Texas A&M International University, Laredo TX

lgivens at tamiu.edu
Lyndra S. Givens (lgivens at tamiu.edu), reference/interlibrary loan
librarian
Texas A&M International University, Laredo TX