Call for papers: Texas Foreign Language Education Conference 2001 -- DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS 15 JANUARY 2001

Scott McGinnis smcginnis at nflc.org
Tue Oct 24 14:07:21 UTC 2000

Texas Foreign Language Education Conference 2001
Call For Papers
University of Texas- Austin
March 23-24,2001
Deadline for proposals:  January 15, 2001

The Foreign Language Education Student Association is happy to announce
the
call for papers for our second annual Texas Foreign Language Education
Conference (TexFLEC).  The keynote speaker will be Dr. Robert C. Gardner
of the
University of Western Ontario.

Proposals for presentations of papers are invited in the following
areas:
foreign language pedagogy, assessment & evaluation, language & culture,
language & technology, second language acquisition, literacy, and
bilingual
education.  Our theme, ?Bridging the Gap: Theory & Practice in the
Language
Classroom? is a charge to examine the dichotomy that exists between
theory and
practice?academia and the classroom. Papers should explore the
complementary
perspectives provided by examining both theory and practice. The core
goal of
the conference is to encourage dialog.  We hope to provide a bridge
between
researchers and teachers so that we can come together to paint a picture
that
more closely resembles the realities of classroom life.

An ideal proposal will consider one of the topic areas above while
demonstrating application of theory in the foreign language classroom.
It
should be noted that both quantitative and qualitative research are
appreciated
as long as the research is compatible to conference themes and
guidelines.
Furthermore, both traditional and non-traditional modes of inquiry (e.g.
arts-
based research & action research) are acceptable. Preference will be
given to
creative and innovative presentations.

Further information can be found at the following URL:
http://www.utexas.edu/students/flesa/texflec

Best regards,
Leah Graham, Mary Petron, & Sarah Shono
TexFLEC 2001 co-chairs

Leah Graham, Maria Petron, & Sarah Shono
TexFLEC 2001 Co-Chairs
EMAIL: TexFLEC at ccwf.cc.utexas.edu

Snail Mail:
TexFLEC