Internships (Spring & Summer 2001) -- Voice of America

Scott McGinnis smcginnis at nflc.org
Mon Sep 25 14:30:03 UTC 2000

The East Asia and Pacific Division of the Voice of America is now
seeking applications for spring semester and summer volunteer internship
positions.  The 10 language services in our division broadcast in
Burmese, Cantonese, Indonesian, Khmer, Korean, Laotian, Mandarin, Thai,
Tibetan and Vietnamese.  We are looking for language-qualified interns
(English plus one of the Asian languages listed above) with a serious
interest in communications or journalism.  Knowledge of the East Asia
and Pacific region and IT skills are a plus.  Interns would assist a
team of talented and energetic VOA correspondents and editors.

Working as a member of a team, the intern has the opportunity to put
language skills and journalistic interests to work, thereby gaining
valuable practical experience in translation, writing, broadcasting and
researching.  Many of our services broadcast on both radio and
television, and this allows the intern to become familar with various
aspects of the production process.

We do not offer financial compensation to our interns, but are happy to
assist in evaluating interns who wish to receive academic credit for
their time at VOA.

Interested and qualified individuals should submit:

1) a resume
2) a statement explaining your interest in an internship with VOA
3) references

Applications should be sent to:

Valerie Levan
VOA East Asia & Pacific Division