Response RE: Unz efforts (and reaction) to put anti-bilingual education initiative on Massachusetts ballot

Scott McGinnis smcginnis at nflc.org
Wed Aug 8 14:39:53 UTC 2001

From: Catherine Ingold [mailto:cwingold at nflc.org]
Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2001 10:27 AM

I'm thinking about what the arguments could be. Could they be that the
initiative has the intent to constrain the educational options available
to a particular group ( ethnicity/national origin) whereas decisions on
methodology for other groups are not similarly constrained by statute?
Or, going in a quite different direction, what does the body of
regulations and precedents concerning ADA compliance in schools say to
this issue?

Catherine W. Ingold, Ph. D.
Deputy Director
National Foreign Language Center