Inquiry: Test for adult Spanish reading levels

Scott McGinnis smcginnis at nflc.org
Tue Dec 11 14:27:45 UTC 2001

kpotow1 at uic.edu.

Hello,

A colleague in the Public Health Outreach program has the following
needs.  She says the current questionnaire doesn't work with some of
their clients, who have very low Spanish literacy levels (adults). Does
anyone know of an appropriate assessment/instrument?

Thanks,

Kim Potowski

*******************
We are looking for a tool that will allow us to determine at what grade
level our current questionnaire is at and also, a tool that would help
us assess at what level we need to design the questionnaire. The purpose

of our assessments are to find out about current nutrition and physical
activity behaviors of our program participants. They are pre and post
questionnaires. We also have a gestational diabetes questionnaire which
assesses current knowledge, beliefs and attitudes of women with
gestational diabetes.

--
Kim Potowski
Director, CPS-UIC Heritage Language Teacher Corps