Conference information: Quantum Linguistics Dialogue, New Mexico, USA, July 2001

Scott McGinnis smcginnis at nflc.org
Mon Jul 9 20:26:12 UTC 2001

The 1st International Quantum Linguistics Dialogue will take place
July 9-10, 2001, at the SEED campus in Albuquerque, New Mexico.

So far, 15 participants from the US, Canada, and Australia, who will
mostly be staying over after the 3rd Annual "Language of Spirituality"
Dialogue (this year with a focus on "The Spirits of Languages"), are
coming together - some with independent conceptions what of a new
quantum linguistics subfield would look like, and some with indigenous
teachings concerning human language and their own languages (some of
which I've reported to this List in the past) which have never found
representation -- or even a fair hearing -- in traditional linguistics
for over 200 years.

If you don't know what physics Nobel Laureate Brian Josephson talking
to top Native American intellectual leaders has to do with
linguistics, or why in a rough way "quantum" = "spirit" = "meaning,"
see my webpage (URL in .sig) for Bohmian Dialogues under Quantum
Linguistics.

For more details about QLxD1, write me at <moonhawk at mac.com> --
especially if you'd like to participate (no audience this time), since
the meeting is private and by invitation only. It's intended that a
transcript of the sessions will be available next year from SEED
 http://www.seedopenu.org

warm regards, moonhawk
<moonhawk at mac.com> & <dalford at csuhayward.edu>
<http://www.sunflower.com/~dewatson/alfordIndex.htm>   <-- articles