Inquiry: Copula constructions in various Amerindian languages

Scott McGinnis smcginnis at nflc.org
Tue Jul 10 16:36:28 UTC 2001

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott McGinnis [mailto:smcginnis at nflc.org]
Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2001 12:36 PM
To: councilnews-list at Majordomo.umd.edu
Subject: Inquiry: Copula constructions in various Amerindian languages

Date:  Mon, 11 Jun 2001 19:40:37 +0200 (CEST)
From:  Ljuba Veselinova <ljuba at ling.su.se>
Subject:  Copula constructions questionnaire

Dear All,

I am sorry for cluttering the list with my questions lately but I am
at the end of my data collection and need some info that wasn't
readily available in the reference materials. I have set up a short
questionnaire about copula constructions at

http://ling252.ling.su.se/adam/Copula/besvara.asp

The languages I am mainly interested in are Comanche, Wichita,
Southeastern Pomo, Slave, Central Cree and Squamish. I have checked
lists devoted to Amerindian languages but those relevant to the
languages listed above do not seem to be very active. I would be very
very grateful if those you who know enough about those languages could
fill out my questionnaire or give me pointers to people who could help
me with it. Data from any less frequently spoken languages are very
welcome as well.

The data entered in the questionnaire are summarized and available
online. I can make my own data on copula constructions available
online as well if there is interest.

Thank you very very much for your help!

My best wishes,
Ljuba

***
Ljuba Veselinova
Dept. of Linguistics	      Email: ljuba at ling.su.se
Stockholm University	      Phone: +46-8-16 2667/cell 0708-31 99 04
S-106 91 Stockholm	      Fax  : +46-8-15 5389
Sweden			      URL  : http://bamse.ling.su.se/~ljuba/index.shtml