Federal legislation: HR 1 (RE: English language proficiency & aca demic achievement)

Scott McGinnis smcginnis at nflc.org
Fri Mar 16 15:19:51 UTC 2001

Quick question, if you don't mind:
If you are watching USDOE initiatives, how is your state responding to
the
draft HR I bill with refunctioned parts, particularly the
Title III, Part A. English Language Proficiency and Academic Achievement
portion?  This is happening as we speak ....

Anne Marie Fuhrig, Ph.D.
Assessment Division, E-216
Illinois State Board of Education
Springfield, Illinois 62777

Phone: 217/782-4823  Fax: 217/782-6097
website: http://www.isbe.state.il.us/isat/IMAGE.htm
	"There are children playing in the street who could solve some
of my
top problems in physics, because they have modes of sensory perception
that
I lost long ago." JULIUS ROBERT OPPENHEIMER, (1904-1967) physicist/head
of
A-bomb team.