Inquiry: Differences between heritage & non-heritage learners -- ADDENDUM

Scott McGinnis smcginnis at nflc.org
Mon Nov 12 17:35:55 UTC 2001

With apologies for my careless omission...if you want to respond directly
to Ms. Kim, her e-mail address is:

		hisun at hawaii.edu

Best,
sm

(original posting follows)

Hello,

I'm interested in looking into cognitive/ lingusitic differences of
heritage learners in comparison to non-heritage learners and other learners.

I was wondering if there are any (empirical) studies done in the literature
on linguistic characteristics, cognitive styles (psycholinguistic), and/or
aptitude of heritage learners?

I would appreciate any suggestions for direction.

Thank you.

Hi-Sun Helen Kim
University of Hawaii at Manoa
Dept. of East Asian Languages and Literature
Korean Linguistics (Ph.D.)