Conference announcement: Rutgers Workshop on Multilingualism -- 26-27 October (website address included)

Scott McGinnis smcginnis at nflc.org
Wed Sep 5 15:07:50 UTC 2001

Workshop on Multilingualism and Second Language Acquisition
Rutgers University
New Brunswick, NJ
October 26-27, 2001

This workshop will address the following questions:

* Are solutions to multilingual situations
transferable from one place to another?

* Does social integration necessarily entail
loss of an immigrant's heritage language?

* What are the social advantages of
multilingualism?

* How do we encourage students at every
educational level to learn languages in
addition to English?

* How do we prepare our second language and
bilingual teachers for the challenges of the
twenty-first century classroom?

For more information, visit the conference website
at: http://www.rci.rutgers.edu/~jcamacho/conference.htm