Inquiry: Maliseet-Passamaquoddy (Eastern Algonquian)

Scott McGinnis smcginnis at nflc.org
Sat Sep 29 17:12:19 UTC 2001

Please reply directly to Ljuba Veselinova (address given below).

Dear All,

I need, again, the help of someone competent in a not so frequently
spoken language, Maliseet-Passamaquoddy (Eastern Algonquian), spoken
five reserves along the Saint John River in New Brunswick, as well as
in Viger, Quebec. I have perused the reference material that I could
get a hold in Scandinavia, Maliseet-Passamaquoddy Verb Morphology by
David F. Sherwood (1986). However, the material does discuss the
counting system or numerals of the language and this is one of the
topics I am working on. I also have some questions about the verb
morphology about things I did not quite understand from the book.

I will summarize if there is interest.

Thank you very very much in advance!

Best wishes,
Ljuba

***
Ljuba Veselinova
Dept. of Linguistics	      Email: ljuba at ling.su.se <mailto:ljuba at ling.su.se>
Stockholm University	      Phone: +46-8-16 2667/cell 0708-31 99 04
S-106 91 Stockholm	      Fax  : +46-8-15 5389
Sweden			      URL  : <http://bamse.ling.su.se/~ljuba/index.shtml>