Follow-up to inquiry: Formation of heritage SIGs for ACTFL

McGinnis, Scott smcginnis at nflc.org
Fri Dec 13 15:49:44 UTC 2002

Good day, all,

This is a follow-up to my original posting of 30 October - for those of you that have joined the list since then, I am copying it below.

Based upon the initial limited (albeit enthusiastic) response to my posting -- a total of about a dozen interested individuals -- I have felt it best NOT to continue to pursue the establishment of a herrritage SIG for ACTFL -- at least in part due to the fact that there already is a heritage-related SIG in existence, the SNS (Spanish for Native Speakers).

However, on the request of the Executive Board of NCOLCTL, I am making one more attempt at seeing if there is sufficient interest in forming an LCTL SIG, and I am writing to you once again to see if you would be. The other means of communication I am utilizing to reach potential members of this proposed SIG is through the "Search Member" option available at the ACTFL website ("Members Only" area of the site), doing a search for those members that listed an LCTL of some sort as their language (or at least one of their languages). So my apologies to those of you that have already heard from me via that route.

In any event, if you ARE an ACTFL member and ARE interested in the creation of an LCTL SIG, all I need from you at this point is a confirmation - via e-mail is fine - that you would be willing to join this SIG, including paying the $5 annual fee (which you do NOT have to pay until a SIG is actually formed). You can respond to me directly me at smcginnis at nflc.org

Thanks for your time and attention,
Best,
s.

Scott McGinnis
Executive Director
National Council of Organizations of Less Commonly Taught Languages

Associate, LCTLs
National Foreign Language Center
7100 Baltimore Avenue, Suite 410
College Park, MD 20740
Voice: 301-403-1750 x35       Fax: 301-403-1754
E-mail: smcginnis at nflc.org OR sm167 at umail.umd.edu