Inquiry: Call for Shawnee grammarians

Scott McGinnis smcginnis at nflc.org
Tue Jan 8 14:30:38 UTC 2002

Dear Fellow-Shawnee Grammarians,

I am interested in contacting those working on Shawnee. I worked
translating Shawnee texts under the guidance of C. F. Voegelin many
years ago and am belatedly returning to my fieldnotes, mostly with
members of the Williams family (Mary, Jean, Robert, etc.) of Little
Axe. Being in the mountains of Taiwan I do not have access to native
speakers and would enjoy sharing information on Shawnee grammar and
translation.

Noel Schutz, Dept of Foreign Languages and Literature, National Chi
Nan Univeristy, Taiwan

Noel Schutz, PO Box 121, Puli 545, Taiwan 919

Workplace: Department of Foreign Languages and Literature, National
Chi Nan University, Puli, Taiwan