Inquiry: North American Indian/Australian aboriginal texts in electronic form

sm167 Scott_G_McGINNIS at umail.umd.edu
Tue Jan 15 18:32:00 UTC 2002

Please respond directly to the originator of this message (address at
end of text).

Dear colleagues, I wonder if you know how to get texts of North
American Indian languages of incorporating morphological type in the
electronic form? Or aboriginal Australian languages? I'm feeding in my
computer somestories of the Sweet Grass Cree collected by
L. Bloomfield. I was surprised how similar it sounds to Mansi (Vogul)
of Siberia. I wonder if anybody could tell me if the Sweet Grass Cree
language is agglutinative or incorporating? My aim is to detect the
similarity of sound distribution in the languages of different
morphological word structure. I failed to find the data on the
phonemic occurrence of North American Indian languages. I wonder if
there were any publications on those?
Actually, I'm Looking forward to hearing from you about any
incorporating language in the elecronic form.

Those linguists who are interested or could help may write me to my
email address yutamb at hotmail.com

Looking forward to joint efforts.

Wishing you a Happy 2002 year,
Yuri Tambovtsev