Comments RE Call for response: Tipoff from Becky Kline on article in AMERICAN EDUCATOR

McGinnis, Scott smcginnis at nflc.org
Wed Oct 23 17:02:48 UTC 2002

From: ysaura bernal-enriquez [mailto:ysaura at unm.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2002 1:53 PM

The best argument for a second language for the kids in our future
dual-language Chicano/Mexicano studies-oriented school is that it is
their
ancestral language and with the revitalization of their language they
will
be able to communicate with their parents and grandparents and feel part
of
their communities, not alienated and devalued.

> From:  ShepherdFam7 at aol.com
> Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 21:16:50 EDT
>
> Response:
>
> Having started a charter school for a dual (Spanish-English)
curriculum,