Inquiry: Data supporting children studying heritage languages

McGinnis, Scott smcginnis at nflc.org
Mon Jan 27 18:40:40 UTC 2003

Henry
Seo, at hseo at remc11.k12.mi.us

I have taught high school and college students Korean language and
culture for the last ten years. Always I feel a great need for teaching
materials and ideas for teaching Korean.

I am going to be making presentations for Korean parents and teachers in
a small Korean church in the Washington D.C. area soon. I wonder if
there is(are) an article(s) or books that gives good reasons to teach
heritage languages to children. I can give some facts and reasons, but I
need more
statistics and research. Could you tell me where I can find the
right articles and books on that subject?

Please let me know your recommendations for this matter.
Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Henry Seo
Korean teacher