Conference information: Heritage-related sessions at ACTFL 2003 - addendum

sm167 Scott_G_McGINNIS at umail.umd.edu
Sun Nov 16 01:04:00 UTC 2003

And once again, courtesy of Diana Scalera.....

I would like to add a session to the ACTFL heritage language list.

The documentary film "I Speak Arabic" investigates the relationship that
heritage speakers have with their heritage language through the experiences
of Arabic speakers in the US. It is a powerful resource for all interested
in understanding the personal and political issues surrounding the use and
maintenance of heritage languages. This film will be shown on SCOLA, a
foreign language cable station available in many parts of the United States
on Sundays in November and at the ACTFL Conference in Philadelphia on
Saturday, November 22.

Session 347 4:30 PM - 5:45 PM Convention Center 105 B

Please visit the film's web site at www.ispeakarabic.org for more specific
information.