REQUEST FOR ASSISTANCE: Copy of dissertation by Shelly Robin Tulloch

sm167 Scott_G_McGINNIS at umail.umd.edu
Tue Apr 6 00:38:00 UTC 2004

DO NOT USE "REPLY" TO RESPOND TO THIS MESSAGE! Contact the originator of the
message, Barney Bush, directly at bbushawnee at yahoo.com.

(The posting to heritage-list that reported on the dissertation
referred to in this message was originally sent on 22 December, 2003).

My name is Barney Bush.  I am a writer who is currently teaching in the
Navajo Nation, and, among other things, I sit on the board of the Indigenous
Language Institute (ILI) in Santa Fe, NM.

An email of Ms. Tulloch's proposal, "The Promotion of Inuktitut Among Inuit
Youth," was forwarded to me by our ILI director at a time when my students
were working on a similar project in their own communities from an
indigenous youth perspective. (I am Shawnee) How possible would it be for us
to acquire a copy of Ms. Tulloch's dissertation?  The students would
certainly profit from the logic of her studies and help us understand how to
blend these efforts into the "wheres and whys and hows" of reviving our
native languages.

It would be a blessing if you would respond to this inquiry with any
information that may help us.

Respectfully,
Barney Bush