FYI: 2004 Skipping Stones Awards (multicultural resources)

sm167 Scott_G_McGINNIS at umail.umd.edu
Sat May 8 20:46:00 UTC 2004

The 2004 Skipping Stones Honor Awards
Educational, Entertaining & Exceptional Books and Teaching Resources!

Are you searching for authentic, multicultural books? Do you enjoy
exploring the natural world through a good book? The 2004 Skipping Stones
Honor Award Winners cultivate an awareness of our multicultural and natural
world without perpetuating stereotypes and biases. They encourage positive
role models, promote cooperation, nonviolence, and appreciation of nature.
These books and the educational video also offer a great variety of
learning experiences for students and teachers, children and parents.
Our thanks to over 20 reviewers-teachers, students, parents, librarians,
interns and board members-who helped with the selection process.  The
complete list is available on our website: WWW>SKIPPINGSTONES.ORG and
reviews appear in the summer issue of Skipping Stones.

FMI: editor at SkippingStones.org