Inquiry: Research on heritage schools

sm167 Scott_G_McGINNIS at umail.umd.edu
Sun Apr 3 01:05:00 UTC 2005

DO NOT USE THE REPLY KEY TO RESPOND TO THIS!! Answers should be sent
directly to the messages originator, Xiang Zhang, at miaoly1948 at yahoo.com

I am a Ph.D candidate at the University of Alabama. My dissertation research
is on Chinese Heritage Language Schools.

When I studied the community-based Chinese schools, quite a few principals
often came to ask me eagerly how "other"  (i.e. Jewish, Spanish) communities
successfully manage such heritage schoolings. Can you please introduce me
some works or researchers who study heritage schools in various
communities?  Thank you!

Xiang Zhang
Educational Leadership, Policy and Technology Studies
University of Alabama