Call for submissions: "Register of Good Practices in Language Preservation"

Scott G. McGINNIS smcginni at umd.edu
Thu Dec 15 15:52:35 UTC 2005

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

Please allow me to bring to your attention once more the
ongoing Call for Submissions to the 'Register of Good
Practices in Language Preservation,' a database project that
was launched by UNESCO's Endangered Languages Programme in
the summer of 2005
(www.unesco.org/culture/endangeredlanguages/goodpractices).

The purpose of this Register is to collect and make
accessible experience reports concerning any kind of
language preservation effort, from speaker communities,
governmental and non-governmental organizations, academic
experts, etc. Our goal is to provide a free online practice-
based source of information as an aid and encouragement for
future language preservation projects.

To this end, I would like to invite you to submit any
language preservation-related projects that you or your
organization are / have been involved in to our Register, in
order to share the knowledge and experience gained with
other current and future project agents.

Please consult our website
(www.unesco.org/culture/endangeredlanguages/goodpractices)
for further information about the Register, as well as to
download the Register submission form for entries; or
contact me at the E mail address given below for any
questions.

Thank you, and best regards,

Barbara Soukup
UNESCO Endangered Languages Programme