[HERITAGE-LIST] CFP: Global Change and Education in Action -- DEADLINE FOR ABSTRACTS 22 DECEMBER

Scott G. McGINNIS smcginni at UMD.EDU
Mon Dec 4 22:58:31 UTC 2006

NYU Steinhardt School of Education
International Education Program
presents

Beyond Borders:

Global Change and Education in Action

March 29, 30, and 31, 2007, New York City

“But if you ask what is the good of education in general, the answer is easy; that education makes good men, and that good men act nobly.” Plato

Ongoing change in all realms of human experience is a constant and abiding reality. What is new in our contemporary context is the unprecedented speed at which these changes are taking place. In the context of global change, education plays a major role in highlighting and addressing issues of international concern: immigration, war, terrorism, state building, national identity, politics, economy, technology, and others.

In order to foster positive discussions, the graduate students of the program in International Education at New York University are pleased to invite you to our second annual International Education Conference. Keynote speakers, scholars and students from diverse disciplines and nationalities will participate in this exchange of ideas and discourse on the role of education in global change.

Keynote Speakers:

Ms. Ruth Messinger

President, American Jewish World Service

Former NYC Councilwoman and Manhattan Borough President

Ambassador William H. Luers
President, The United Nations Association of the United States of America
Former President of the Metropolitan Museum of Art
Former Ambassador to Czechoslovakia and Venezuela

Please visit our website for more information:

www.nyu.edu/education/international/beyond

Call for Abstracts

Graduate students from any field of study related to the international topics outlined above, in particular as their research addresses the role of education in international work, are invited to submit an abstract of their papers for presentation at the conference. Teachers, education practitioners and researchers are also strongly encouraged to submit paper abstracts. The guidelines are:

Length: No more than 250 words;

Content: Main theme and a brief description of the development of the presentation;

Contact information: Name, institution, address, telephone number and e-mail;

Due date: First call is December 22, 2006;

Send abstract to: nyuintledconf at gmail.com

Additional questions: Lindsey Sasaki (lys204 at nyu.edu) or Michele Peregrin (msp253 at nyu.edu)

Registration and payment: All interested participants and attendees, please visit our website to submit a registration form. For presenters, there is a participation fee of $20.