[HERITAGE-LIST] Request for assistance: Starting a high school Chinese HL course

Scott G. McGINNIS smcginni at UMD.EDU
Fri Jun 1 13:44:03 UTC 2007

DO NOT USE "REPLY" TO RESPOND TO THIS MESSAGE! Contact its originator, Ann Hsia, directly at AHSIA at ausd.net.

Hi,

My name is Ann Hsia and I am a high school Mandarin teacher in Arcadia, California.  My school, the Arcadia High School is interested in starting a heritage class for our Mandarin-speaking students in a year.  Over 60% of our student population come from Asia, mainly China and Taiwan and we already have 18 sections of Mandarin classes this year in 5 levels.  I need to develop this new class but have no idea where to start, is it possible you could give me some ideas or point me to the right direction?  Any information would be much appreciated, thank you.

Ann Hsia