[HERITAGE-LIST] New book: Bilingualism and identity

Kim Potowski kimpotow at UIC.EDU
Fri Oct 10 01:29:14 UTC 2008

Apologies for multiple posts.

Dear friends,

There is a new book that we believe you and others at your institution
might find useful.  It is the first book of its kind, dealing with
linguistic identity enactment (performance, negotiation, construction)
in Hispanic bilingualism (where Spanish comes in contact with many
languages, e.g. English, French, Basque, Catalan, Gallego and many
indigenous languages).

Here is the url http://www.benjamins.com/cgi-bin/t_bookview.cgi?bookid=SiBil%2037
  for more information.

Niño-Murcia, M. & Rothman, J (eds). (2008) Bilingualism and identity:
Spanish at the crossroads with other languages. Amsterdam: John
Benjamins

If you feel it might be of interest, we kindly ask that you request
your library to purchase the book.  Please also forward this message
to anyone you feel might also be interested.

Thank you very much in advance for your collaboration!

_________
Kim Potowski
Associate Professor of Spanish
Director, Spanish for Heritage Speakers
Director of Undergraduate Spanish Studies
The University of Illinois at Chicago
Department of Spanish, French, Italian & Portuguese
1722 UH, MC-315, 601 S. Morgan St.
Chicago, IL 60607
kimpotow at uic.edu