[HERITAGE-LIST] Summer workshop: Heritage Language Teacher Workshop (STARTALK) -- DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS 1 JUNE

Scott G. McGINNIS smcginni at UMD.EDU
Wed May 27 15:00:32 UTC 2009

The UCLA Center for World Languages has received a STARTALK grant for a 5 day summer workshop for heritage language teachers. The Startalk grant is to sponsor teachers of Arabic, Chinese, Hindi, Persian, Swahili, Turkish and Urdu. However, the workshop will be co-sponsored by our NHLRC grant so we will have spaces for instructors of other less commonly taught languages.

The workshop is open to instructors at all levels (K-16), including community schools, public and private.

The workshop is free. Can you please share this website with your friends and colleagues who might be interested in the workshop? Thanks so much. Kathryn

http://www.international.ucla.edu/languages/programs/startalkworkshop/