[HERITAGE-LIST] Internship: French Heritage Language Program

Scott G. McGINNIS smcginni at UMD.EDU
Tue Nov 3 18:15:41 UTC 2009

INTERNSHIP OFFER

Do you speak French and have teaching experience? We need you.

Be a teaching assistant in the French Heritage Language Program!

The French Heritage Language Program is designed to support and enrich the teaching and learning of the French language for recent immigrant students of French-speaking background enrolled in public schools or community programs. Our primary objectives are to help these students maintain proficiency in French, while keeping a connection to their respective cultures and identities, and increase their opportunities for success in their new American environment. This year, the French Heritage Language Program will be serving approximately 160 students in New York City. New classes will also open in Miami and Boston in January, 2010.

Our Interns work closely with Heritage Program, French Embassy, and teaching staff. Responsibilities include: assisting teachers, designing teaching material; chaperoning and write reports on activities; researching resources; providing event coordinating support; and assisting with logistical duties. Candidates with a good mastery of the French language preferred.

Internships are unpaid positions, although school credit can be arranged.

è  Work Schedule
Candidates are required to commit to a minimum of 10 weeks for a minimum of 4 hours per week. Flexible schedule and work place.

è Requirements

French Studies, or International Education preferred
A good mastery of the French language is required.
Experience with school groups (especially on field trips) and teaching experience are a big plus.

This position is open to Graduate Students only.

Please send resume and cover letter to:
David Lasserre – Coordinator
French Heritage Language Program
heritageprogram at facecouncil.org

Jane F. Ross
International Education
1112 Park Avenue, New York, New York 10128
212-348-7975