[HERITAGE-LIST] Heritage Language Journal Special Issue on Spanish Placement: Submission Deadline Extended

Susan Bauckus sbauckus at INTERNATIONAL.UCLA.EDU
Tue Oct 12 02:19:19 UTC 2010

Dear Colleagues,

Greetings from the Heritage Language Journal. We are writing to announce
that the submission deadline for the Heritage Language Journal's special
issue on Spanish heritage language placement has been extended to
January 10, 2011.

To submit an article, please use our online submission system, jOSS,
which can be accessed from the journal's website at
www.heritagelanguages.org (see "Online Submission System"). If you
experience difficulties, please contact the journal at
hlj at international.ucla.edu.

Please be aware that jOSS's url may prompt your computer to warn you
that it is a phishing site. Please be assured that it is not, and if you
wish for more assurance, please contact Susan Bauckus at the email
address given above.

This issue's guest editor is Sara Beaudrie at University of Arizona
(beaudrie at email.arizona.edu). For this issue, papers are sought that
examine Spanish heritage language placement issues, including but not
limited to heritage learner identification procedures, self-assessment,
placement test design and implementation, reliability and validity,
computer-based exams, and proficiency-based exams. Papers that pass
preliminary review by the Guest Editor will be sent for blind peer
review. Please consult the journal's submission guidelines, posted on
the HLJ website, while preparing your paper.

Thank you,

Susan Bauckus

UCLA Center for World Languages

www.international.ucla.edu/languages