[HERITAGE-LIST] Summer institute: Arabic Heritage Learners (2016)

Scott G. McGinnis smcginni at UMD.EDU
Tue Oct 27 01:26:37 UTC 2015

>From Nehad Shawky at shawky at aucegypt.edu<mailto:shawky at aucegypt.edu>.....

Dear Colleagues,

I would like to announce the launching of the summer school *AHL Institute*2016: An institute thought of to help students of Arabic Heritage Learners (AHLs) to learn Arabic. We believe in the importance of cultivating a true appreciation for cultural, ethnic and linguistic diversity in students, who should be encouraged to view culturally inherent differences as building blocks rather than barriers that offer challenging opportunities to explore and grow both academically and socially. We teach a curriculum that reflects the Other culture. Cultural competence is formed when using real life topics, teaching texts; that are authentic relevant to the learner experience, in terms of style; rhetoric, register and skills.

Please check or new website on www.ahl-institute.com<https://exch.mail.umd.edu/owa/redir.aspx?SURL=KCva10n9L3XbYuhSxWAHtxOc1wC6Ck_xhokLBNjOJAC3HpShbN7SCGgAdAB0AHAAOgAvAC8AdwB3AHcALgBhAGgAbAAtAGkAbgBzAHQAaQB0AHUAdABlAC4AYwBvAG0ALwA.&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.ahl-institute.com%2f>