Diachronic behavior of velar nasal consonant

natacha at ucla.edu natacha at ucla.edu
Sat Mar 8 22:00:11 UTC 2008

Dear Eduardo:

Loren Trigo's dissertation "The phonological bevior and derivation of
nasal glides" (MIT, 1988) contains much information relevant to the
diachronic behavior of the velar nasal. The relative strength of nasal
consonants is discussed at length by Edward Tuttle in "Nasalization in
Northern Italy: Syllabic constraints and strength scales as
developmental parameters" (Rivista di Linguistica 3 [1991]: 23-92].

Best regards,
Natalie Operstein