masters: statistical approaches to historical linguistics/philology

priamel at iname.com priamel at iname.com
Tue Dec 8 18:52:45 UTC 2009

Dear Histling,

Does anyone know of a Master's course (or similar) that coversstatistical approaches to problems in historicallinguistics/philology in reasonable depth (let's not worry about location to start off with)?  I've tried the Internet and Internet-basedcourse catalogues at some length and without success so far, so may beasking the wrong question (or for something that doesn't exist!)

I'll be very grateful for any information!

Howard

PS Since I'm approaching this from the statistical rather than linguistic side, do feel free to put me right if I'm on the wrong list/asking a stupid question...