LiveScripts - Non Profit Association - and Cognate Bilingual Dictionaries

Domenec Mendez domenec.mendeth at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 08:29:52 UTC 2009

Dear Colleagues,

LiveScripts Non-Profit Association, G-64961121, has a legal framework
to publish a magazine with the transcripts in original version of any
DVD or TV premier in any language as a reading guide previous to the
projection. We think it is the most motivating way to brush up your
foreign language skills or even improve them.

We are asking for European funds to set up an International
LiveScripts Association and we are looking for other partner countries
and institutions to join us according to the rules we should agree on.

Besides, our research has confirmed the viability of Cognate Bilingual
Dictionaries among Indo-European languages, the most innovative and
intercultural tool in foreign language teaching which encourages the
use of one single language for communication purposes but, at the same
time, fostering real multilingual skills. We also seek for partners on
this area.

Both endeavors have been recently presented at international
conferences in USA and Europe. As far as we know, no other institution
or university has claimed similar investigations or actions. For
example, we have proof of our research on Cognate Dictionaries as far
back as 20 years ago with letters from University of California at Los
Angeles, Oxford University Press and USA Copyright Office.
For those reasons, we are asking for leadership of these projects although,
of course, all institutions and countries are welcome to participate.

Finally, considering the innovation of our proposals, we are modestly
suggesting the European Commission's Education and Culture Directorate
to give priority to these activities.

kind regards,
Domenec Mendez

34 609 37 12 31