grammaticalization of antipassives

Wolfgang Schulze W.Schulze at lrz.uni-muenchen.de
Mon Apr 5 10:43:22 UTC 2010

Dear friends and colleagues
please allow me making a perhaps somewhat unusual post. But maybe you
can help me or give me some advise. I have produced an admittedly
lengthy paper on "the grammaticalization of antipassives" in terms of
split aspects systems, dealing mainly with Sumerian, Kartvelian, and
Proto-Indo-European, but including data from other languages, too. You
can download the first draft (attention: not yet proof-read by a native
speaker of English!) from
http://www.lrz-muenchen.de/~wschulze/antipass.pdf . My problem is that I
really don't know what to do with this paper. It is too long for
submission to a journal (96 pages), and too short for producing a
(slender and modest) monograph. Any suggestions (if ever you can imagine
that the contents are of relevance for our community)? In addition, I
would be happy to receive critics and other comments all of which would
undoubtedly help to improve the quality of the analyses (I have posted
the same to the LINGTYP list - so sorry for cross-posting...).
Many thanks in advance and best wishes,
Wolfgang

*Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Schulze *

/Primary contact: /

Institut für Allgemeine & Typologische Sprachwissenschaft

Dept. II / F 13

Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München

Ludwigstraße 25

Postanschrift / Postal address: Geschwister-Scholl-Platz 1

D-80539 München

Tel.: 0049-(0)89-2180-2486 (Secretary)

          0049-(0)89-2180-5343 (Office)

Fax:  0049-(0)89-2180-16567 // 0049-(0)89-2180-5345

Email: W.Schulze at lrz.uni-muenchen.de
<mailto:W.Schulze at lrz.uni-muenchen.de> /// Wolfgang.Schulze at lmu.de
<mailto:Wolfgang.Schulze at lmu.de>

Web: http://www.ats.uni-muenchen.de/personen/professoren/schulze/index.html

http://www.wolfgangschulze.in-devir.com

/Second contact: /

Katedra Germanistiký

Fakulta humanitných vied

Univerzita Mateja Béla / Banská Bystrica

Tajovského 40

SK-97401 Banská Bystrica

Tel: (00421)-(0)48-4465108

Fax: (00421)-(0)48-4465512