Front rounded vowel question

Pekka Sammallahti pekka.sammallahti at oulu.fi
Fri Mar 25 06:48:08 UTC 2011

Uralic:
Livonian (Baltic Finnic)
Saami lgs (the southernmost lgs developed secondary üs)
Manysi (Tavda dialect through velarization, others through lowering to
low vowels)
Permic lgs (through velarization)
Proto-Samoyedic
(Proto-Samoyed developed a secondary *ü which was unrounded in
Nganasan and velarized in Enets and Nenets)

Pekka Sammallahti